Create new Archivepool

wsimps01

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Greetings All,
I am sure I am over analyzing this or completely missing the point. I am running TSM 6.3 and I need to create an new 'Archive Pool'. The current one is defined to a devclass that using encryption and we have moved our data over to new unencrypted dev classes.
I know I can migrate the data from one to the other but I'm not sure the settings for a new archive stgpool.
That make sense?
Is it just creating a new stgpool and the forever archiving is based on an associated policy, versions, etc?
Thanks in advance.

The retention is based on the management class.

The storage pool is just where it resides and the storage pool specified in the management class is just where the data will be initially stored during the archive, it's not necessarily its final destination, it can be migrated to other pools after that.

So once you create your new storage pool, you can update the current archive copygroup of the management class(es) you use to have the new storage pool as the destination.

If you wish to move the data from the old pool to the new pool, you can use "move data" to move it by volume or "move nodedata" to move it by node. "help move data" and "help move nodedata" for full syntax.

Back