Problem with scheduled SQL backup while i can backup it manually ANS1062E

Newcomer

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
I've run into an issue on our SQL cluster with several instances. One of these SQL instances won't run the scheduled backup script that i have. The script is the same for all other instanses, except for the name. And it works fine on all other instances in the cluster. I've also tried to replace the dsm.opt and tdpsql.cfg with the default one with exception of the nodename and ports.

If i backup the databases under the instance manually with the flashcopy manager GUI it works just fine. But if i manually use dsmc and the specific optfile for that instance i get the following error message: ANS1062E Only a single image may be selected when a destination is entered.

c:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient>dsmc -optfile=H:\Tivoli\Tsm\TDPSql\dsm.opt
IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
Command Line Backup-Archive Client Interface
Client Version 7, Release 1, Level 0.3
Client date/time: 07/07/2015 09:52:35
(c) Copyright by IBM Corporation and other(s) 1990, 2014. All Rights Reserved.

Node Name: EMU2_SQL
ANS1062E Only a single image may be selected when a destination is entered.

c:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient>

And checking the actlog on the server have the following information:
07/07/2015 08:45:10 ANR2716E Schedule prompter was not able to contact client
EMU2_SQL using type 1 (spdbaf017.ad.lvn.se 1505).
(SESSION: 13)

spdbaf017 is one of the nodes in the cluster, and other sql instances that run on the same node with practically the same optfile / tdpsql.cfg are working fine.

This is the optfile:
NODename EMU2_SQL
CLUSTERnode yes
COMPRESSIon Off
PASSWORDAccess Generate
SCHEDLOGName H:\Tivoli\Tsm\Log\schedlog.log
SCHEDLOGRETENTION 5 D
ERRORLOGName H:\Tivoli\Tsm\Log\errorlog.log
ERRORLOGRETENTION 5 D
COMMMethod TCPip
TCPPort 1500
TCPServeraddress 10.60.1.16
TCPWindowsize 512
TCPBuffSize 63
SCHEDMODE PROMPTED
QUERYSCHEDPERIOD 1
SCHEDLOGRetention 14
* TCPCLIENTADDRESS
TCPCLIENTPORT 1505

Seeing as how i can run the backup using flashcopy manager i've kinda of stared myself blind that it has to be some issue with the optfile. But I've tried to copy the optfile from one of the other nodes and only replaced the nodename, sched/error log and tcpclientport. But still run into the issue.

Anyone have any tips on what i could try next? The one thing i have in mind is to specify the TCPCLIENTADDRESS in the optfile, since that one is commented away. As i said its only the scheduled backup that fails, running it manually works just fine.

Update: I forgot to add that checking the errorlog i get the following messages:
07/07/2015 10:23:02 ANS1029E Communication with the TSM server is lost.
07/07/2015 10:23:36 ANS0201E Invalid parameter was found.

Back