UNIX multi-session restore

chad_small

ADSM.ORG Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.tsmadmin.com
I am trying to do a multi-session restore on UNIX using LAN-Free and other than the LAN-Free portion giving me mount errors using the filelist option does not appear to be restoring the file systems in whole but the directory structures only. I can't use the java gui because the servers java version is woefully downlevel so any help on how best to get my restore to use the same number of LAN-Free sessions as were used during the backup?

If you don't care much about directories(owner+permissions), you can use option '-filesonly'. This will skip restoring directories, but directories will he created with default owner/permissions.

You can split one big filelist into multiple smaller filelists, and run multiple instances of 'dsmc restore -filelist=...' command.

Restoring from incremental backup via Lan-Free is always painful. You wish you run archive and restore from it :)

I have broken up the list and have used filelist, but filelist is not processing like it should for a filesystem and filelist does not support wildcard characters so its a mess.

My current issue is that the 5.5 storage agent is giving me false mount errors on the VTL. The TSM server is 6.3.x and Tivoli support says they are not on the compatibility matrix.

Update of storage agent to 6.3 not possible? Running restore without Storage agent? How much data will be restored?

Depending on what the VTL emulates, it's possible your 5.5 STA doesn't have support for those drives as well. If you can't upgrade the STA to 6.3 because the requirements are not met, can you at least upgrade to 6.1? While the 6.1 STA is out of support, it's on the compatibility matrix to work with a 6.3 server.

Instead of filelist, could you use -pick?

Back