TSM Scheduler Service Installation Error

c.j.hund

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
PREDATAR Control23

Greetings,

I recently bumped into an issue installing a scheduler service on a Windows Server 2003. This server is currently using the 5.3.5.3 client (old, yes). The TSM server is version 5.5. It's also an Oracle server, and recently the 6.3 Oracle TDP was installed, which required a reboot of the box. The Oracle version installed was the 32bit 6.3.0.0 package.

After the Oracle install/reboot, we came to notice that the existing scheduler service was having an issue with its password and connecting to the TSM server. The old TSM service was uninstalled and an attempt was made to reinstall the service. Using the TSM GUI wizard, a new scheduler service was attempted to be installed, but at the end of the wizard walk-through we got the message:

"Error 0 occurred c the 'S' registry key."

The new service name shows up in the list of services, but it errors when you try to start it up. Also, I noticed that when I run a dsmcutil list from the command line, nothing shows up. dsmcutil does not recognize the service name and nothing is listed.

So this service did seem to be working before the 6.3 Oracle TDP code was installed. I'm not sure if that has something to do with this or not. Any ideas?

Sincere thanks,
C.J.

PREDATAR Control23

I'd download the 6.3.0 client and install it because TDPO probably only updated the API because it doesn't include the full client.

PREDATAR Control23

To add: the BA client must be at the same level of the TDP or higher. In your case, the BA client must be at 6.3 at the minimum. I would install 6.3.2.

PREDATAR Control23

Thank you for the response. That's an easy enough fix. I'm wondering, though, how I'd go about removing the defunct TSM service? The service install errored out, and I can't see it when I do a "dsmcutil", but I do see it when I open services. How would I go about removing that service name? (I'm guessing a registry edit is in order.)

PREDATAR Control23

Should be able to remove the TSM Client Schedule Service via the Windows "services".
Admin Tools -> Services

Good Luck,
Sias

PREDATAR Control23

You can use the Windows SC.EXE command to delete any service. "sc /?" for the syntax.