Need to create two TSM server service on one window box

nikhil_1707

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi Team,

We restored two tsm server on window 2008 server and now want to run it in back ground

so tried to create server by using sc.exe

C:\STATOIL.NET\UTILS\TSM\server>sc.exe create "KLB-TSM02" binpath= "C:\STATOIL.NET\UTILS\TSM\server\dsmsvc.exe -k klb-tsm02" start= auto
[SC] CreateService SUCCESS

C:\STATOIL.NET\UTILS\TSM\server>sc.exe create "KLB-TSM" binpath= "C:\STATOIL.NET\UTILS\TSM\server\dsmsvc.exe -k klb-tsm" start= auto
[SC] CreateService SUCCESS

Now I am facing issue that i can run only one service , like if I need to start the KLB-TSM server than i need to stop the TSM server service of KLB-TSM02

Please need some help on this as I need to start both server without stopping anyone

You should delete the 2 services that you created using SC.EXE, and then follow these instructions instead to create the services:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowl...ll.doc/t_srv_inst_create_winserv-windows.html

You can use this command to get the instance names you used when you created the instances, as you need to use the exact same name when creating the services:
Code:
C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\db2\BIN>db2ilist

But this is TSM 5.5 so I m looking for command which I can execute on windows 2008...as we need to do export activity

But this is TSM 5.5 server and looking for this ...i tried to execute the above one but only one tsm server start and other i need to stop ....so looking for command which can start both TSM

Given the names you put above, you are probably using the wrong instance name. On Windows, the first instance is "TSM Server1" and the 2nd "TSM Server2".

You can check in the management console what the names are, those are the names you need to use, and not the server name you see when you issue query status.

The commands to create the service are the same at 5.5 as at 7.1, that part of TSM and Windows has not changed.

Example #1:
Installing the TSM Server service using an Administrator account for logon:
Code:
install "TSM Server1" "c:\progra~1\tivoli\tsm\server\dsmsvc.exe" admin password

Note: The Admin name is Windows Administrator name and password.

Example #2:
Installing the TSM server service using LocalSystem as the logon account:
Code:
install "TSM Server1" "c:\progra~1\tivoli\tsm\server\dsmsvc.exe" localsystem ""

Back