Minimum requirements for installing TSM 6.3 on remote Windows Server

kpovenz

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hello.....

I have a project where I am going to upgrade TSM from 5.5.4.0 to 6.3.4.3 on several remote windows servers. These remote servers come in various sizes of CPU, Memory and disk space. Disk space on these remote servers that already have TSM 5.5.4.0 on them varies from 1 TB to about 5 TB, so not big at all. The memory also varies from 2 GB to 32 GB each.

My question is what is the absolute minimum requirements that is needed to upgrade these sservers to TSM 6.3.4.300?

I understand what the minimums are - 3 GB diskspace for install, 12 GB memoery, active log space of 16 GB and archive log of 48 GB, that is found on various IBM web pages. But has anyone set up servers with a lot less resourses and have been successful?

Please let me know what you have found to be the minimum requiremenst to install TSM 6.3.4.300 on remote windows servers that are generally very small in size.

Thanks

Kevin

Personally, I would not work with servers that have less than the minimum recommended; and this based on experience.

Having said that, you can make things work if you are willing to 'admin' the servers continuously which may prevent you or someone else to go on vacation.

Also, it depends on the load - less nodes to backup, means lower need for disk space, CPU and memory.

In other words, your choice. Experiment by starting with 50% less than the minimum recommended.

Back