TSM Webclient Logon

rowl

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have been having problems with the TSM Webclient on Linux. My server is at 7.1.1.100 and the Linux client is the 7.1.2.0. I am able to connect and launch the client in my browser, but when I am prompted for a logon I use my TSM admin account as I have for years and get rejected.

The TSM server logs this
ANR2177I ADMIN has 1 invalid sign-on attempts. The
limit is 5. (SESSION: 82204)
ANR0418W Session 82204 for administrator ADMIN (Linux
x86-64) is refused because an incorrect password was
submitted. (SESSION: 82204)

I can log into the TSM server with the same account with no problems. Next I created a test user with system privileges and tried that. Got the same results. Another admin here tried and had same issue. Even rebooted the Linux test server.

Any idea what else I may need to look at?
Thanks,
-Rowl

Are there any special characters in the passwords you tried? If so, try a test account with a simple password, just to eliminate special characters as an issue. If there are no special characters, I'd suggest contacting support.

No special characters. I imagine I will need to contact support, just trying out all my options first.

RESOLVED: Sounds like this is a bug in the 7.1.2.0 client, will be fixed in next fix pack.
-Rowl

Curious, how was it resolved? It may help others here if you have a solution you can share.

I should have been more clear, the fix for this is coming in the next fixpack. The only work around at the moment is to use the CLI.

Back