Command History

Andrew21210

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
I have a unique problem. I am currently using MobaXTerm to administer my TSM servers and nodes. I find the program quite useful in many ways. One thing I would like to do, however, is increase the command history and make the previous commands persistent from session to session. I have my TSM server opt files and dsm.sys located on a zLinux guest and I have created custom SSH sessions to invoke a command string and log on to each server using a macro. I've spent a fair bit of time trying to increase the command history and make it persistent (editing bash profile and bash.rc) but so far, no luck. Anyone else run into this scenario?

I have a unique problem. I am currently using MobaXTerm to administer my TSM servers and nodes. I find the program quite useful in many ways. One thing I would like to do, however, is increase the command history and make the previous commands persistent from session to session. I have my TSM server opt files and dsm.sys located on a zLinux guest and I have created custom SSH sessions to invoke a command string and log on to each server using a macro. I've spent a fair bit of time trying to increase the command history and make it persistent (editing bash profile and bash.rc) but so far, no luck. Anyone else run into this scenario?

Have you done this?

Does history size hold when you change it during a current session and reverts to default after logout and login?

Then it looks like there is a global configuration that resets any changes made to default.

The only place I could think of that the globally setting can be located is under /etc (most probably /etc/security or /etc/profile). This means you must have root privileges to make changes.

Then it looks like there is a global configuration that resets any changes made to default.

The only place I could think of that the globally setting can be located is under /etc (most probably /etc/security or /etc/profile). This means you must have root privileges to make changes.

I am root on this box.

I am root on this box.

All my opt files are in /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/. I don't know if I have to have this path in my bash profile or not.

It does not matter as far as history files are concerned. History files are kept every time you issue a command regardless of location.

Back