Migrating to TSM 7.1 from 7.0

Thomaz

Noob
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

I am migrating TSM7.0 to TSM 7.1 and I have to draw the solution.
We will use AIX in IBM servers. And a MSL6000 library.
Can you help me ?
Tks,

PREDATAR Control23

The actual platform is IBM running in AIX system.
I have to draw the new: AIX or REDHAT ?

PREDATAR Control23

Why not stick to AIX and this is just a question of building the new TSM on AIX at version 7.0: restore the DB from the old AIX, define the storage pools and the new tape drives/library, check in the tapes, and start the new TSM server to see all is working.

If all is working, shutdown the new TSM and update the 7.0 to 7.1.1.

That simple.

Last edited:
PREDATAR Control23

Changes in the question (They told me right now):
The machines and the TSM will be new, only the libraries will be the same.
I need to specify: The servers, the topology, the TSM's DB (location). They won´t need hot- redundancy (active x active).
The actual environment will be shut off , they won't reutilize them. Will be kept safe, in case of return to old environment.

PREDATAR Control23

It's doable, but this will be a big challenge, because Linux and AIX have different endianness, you cannot simply backup the database on one and restore it on the other. source: https://ibm.biz/BdXF4s check Introduction on Page 5 for both methods that apply to your situation.

Going from 7.0 to 7.1 is totally independent from the migration. You can build the Linux server at 7.1 and migrate the AIX 7.0 to it.

PREDATAR Control23

I was starting to think it was some exclusive early version as you and moon-buddy were mentioning too! :)

@Thomaz, let us know if you went for the platform migration, it's not easy but for many customers it's going to be a reality sooner or later.