No display of files in Access another node

tasmacher

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

We use TSM Version 6.3. A client (version 7.1) must restore files from another client (version 6.4). On the server using the proxy node function to access the node set on the other (Agent / Target). When we enter on the agent node using the "Access another node" the target node, we see only the drives (C :, D :, E :), but no subdirectories or files. Do we need to set additional options / parameters?

PREDATAR Control23

Thank you for your fast replay.
I have another question: On the Target Node I must use the 'set access' command so that the agent node can see the whole directions and files.
Example: set access backup c:\tsm_images\*\* * * Server_name
I always get the message: ANS1102E.
On the Agent Node I must use the command dsmc restore.
Example: dsmc restore -fromnode=Server_name \\Server_Name\c$\tsm_images\ c:\temp\
Is this so correct ?

PREDATAR Control23

have another question: On the Target Node I must use the 'set access' command so that the agent node can see the whole directions and files.
Example: set access backup c:\tsm_images\*\* * * Server_name
On the source, not the target. And it should be the node_name, not the server_name. It's possible their value is the same, but I want to specify in case the nodename is not the same as the hostname.

Example: dsmc restore -fromnode=Server_name \\Server_Name\c$\tsm_images\ c:\temp\
Is this so correct ?
Not quite, need to specify what part of the file specification is the filespace between squiggly brackets {} like in my previous example. And it's "fromnode=node_name", not server_name again in case they are different.

PREDATAR Control23

The set access command should also be in the form of:
Code:
dsmc set access  backup c:\tsm_images\*\* node_name

That's why I never use set access, it's always a mess, much easier to impersonate the node you want to restore from.

On the target, just do:
Code:
dsmc restore {\\original_machine\c$}\tsm_images\*  E:\destination -virtualnode=original_node
You will then be prompted for original_node's password or you can enter any admin ID that either has system access or has been node access to that node. You don't need to set access to anybody because you are restoring as the same node that did the backup. Much easier, less headache, and you don't have to worry about removing access after.