BACKUP ARCHIVE

RachidBEN

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

hello this is my first post here and i want to ask using tsm how can i backup archive in a volume x and restore it without using dbbackup or tsm restore when i search i found comand backupset i don't if it helps .

thanks

PREDATAR Control23

hello this is my first post here and i want to ask using tsm how can i backup archive in a volume x and restore it without using dbbackup or tsm restore when i search i found comand backupset i don't if it helps .

thanks

Any data that was backed up or archived using TSM (including backupset) needs a TSM environment to be recovered properly.

If you just want to backup data and have it restored anywhere, then just do file dumps to a disk, tar file, or thumb drive. Obviously, the media should be large enough to hold your backup data.

PREDATAR Control23

thanks for your reply it helps

but i still not know how to usefile dumps or tar or thumb i want to backup my data in a scratch tape.

thanks for advance

PREDATAR Control23

On what platform are you trying to a backup of?

File dumps are simply copying data that you need to backup. You can compress or not depending on the size of the files, or encrypt it by using compression tools that requires a key.

As mentioned, file dumps do not require special environments to recover.

PREDATAR Control23

thanks a lot
please can you guide me step by step to backup my files to tape 800 go with this dumps file.

i have :
windows 2003 server/2008 server
Lto5
Tape/Volume=800go/1to

thanks