Slow database backup with tsm 7.1.1.100

Jarzi

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hey

I recently upgraded to 7.1.1.100 on windows 2008r2 and noticed that my DB backup has slowed down.

DB is about 900GB residing on three SSD RAID1 luns and I use two streams to backup on LTO5 tapes.

It used to take less than an hour, now it takes two hours. Seems like something is throttling the speed, both streams work at ~60MB/s and network traffic is 2Gb/s. I will test with one stream tonight to see how fast that goes.

Storage pool backup from disk to tape goes as fast as before.

Anyone else noticed this behaviour?

PREDATAR Control23

Heh, 50 mins with one stream. I guess my system is just grumpy in the morning.

PREDATAR Control23

Hey

I recently upgraded to 7.1.1.100 on windows 2008r2 and noticed that my DB backup has slowed down.

DB is about 900GB residing on three SSD RAID1 luns and I use two streams to backup on LTO5 tapes.

It used to take less than an hour, now it takes two hours. Seems like something is throttling the speed, both streams work at ~60MB/s and network traffic is 2Gb/s. I will test with one stream tonight to see how fast that goes.

Storage pool backup from disk to tape goes as fast as before.

Anyone else noticed this behaviour?

Hello, in TSM 7 you can use multiple stream to perform db BACKUP. use command on TSM admin command prompt : set dbrecovery <device name> numstream=2 , this will use 2 data stream simultaneously , when db backup occurs. so speed will be double.