DiazC

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hi Guys

There are three nodes which are getting missed daily. I have done the following

1. removed the old scheduler and added new scheduler
2. made CAD to perform the scheduling
3. TSM Scheduler service manual and not started, whereas CAD service is automatic and started.

Please help !!!

PREDATAR Control23

Hey

What do the dsmsched.log and dsmerror.log say? They should be in the BA clients directory.
Can you run manual backup?

PREDATAR Control23

Hey Jarzi

Dsmsched.log says nothing and dsmerror as well. Dsmsched says the pulled up last schedule information that a backup has to happen on April 20 2014

After that no updates.

Manual backup is running without issues.

PREDATAR Control23

Add
AUDITLOGGING FULL
option to dms.opt and restart cad daemon. If possible create a temporary schedule for the node that runs during the day so you don't have to wait overnight for the data.

Also check the server for references to the node

q act begint=-24 s=name of the node
q event * * begindate=-1 enddate=today node=name of the node

PREDATAR Control23

Polling or prompted? If prompted, then it's possible the server cannot communicate back to the scheduler. If polling and the scheduler can pick up the schedule, it should run or an error should be reported.

Can also check dsmwebcl.log, it would show you if CAD can or cannot start the scheduler.

PREDATAR Control23

I'm checking your post. I will update soon.

Meanwhile, please advise the below

Hi Guys

I have chosen to write A2010-598: Assess: IBM Tivoli Storage Manager V6.3 Administration online, But the fees is USD 30.

If I select other available exams, Pearson showed me C2010-598
IBM Tivoli Storage Manager V6.3 Administration, But the fee is USD 100.

Please let me know differences. I'm worried which one to write and which one is valid .

and what is the difference between A and C in the codes.

cheers
Diaz

PREDATAR Control23

The "A2010-598: Assess: IBM Tivoli Storage Manager V6.3 Administration online" is just the online assessment test for the main exam to check your readiness for it. The main exam is C2010-598 IBM Tivoli Storage Manager V6.3 Administration for which the fees is $100.

Cheers
SG

PREDATAR Control23

Jarsi and Marclant , I will update you shortly on this.