[HOWTO] Remote diagnostics URL

DanGiles

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Soooo, in the OC one can configure the "Remote diagnostics URL" and that's about all the information I can find. One must configure this on the client side, but I see nothing in any documentation. Is this the "remote agent" I see some reference too? Again, I see nothing in any documentation, or any reference to such a beast on the client installation gui.

Can anyone give me clues (or a direct answer as that would be better) as to where I find documentation?

7.1.1 Linus server and Windows client. I want remote diagnostics but NOT remote management.

Thanks in advance for your help.

PREDATAR Control23

I, too, don't find much info about this.

My understanding is that this is some type of remote management as remote diagnostics is still too far ahead (still in our dreams!) for what IBM has in place. But, this is just my two cents.

PREDATAR Control23

Looks like you end up at the same place Dan. Let me know how it goes as I will have to go there as well in the near future. Why this is not available in the custom section of the client install is beyond me. Good luck.

PREDATAR Control23

So, just download the Client Management Service installation package and run. The installation sets up the service. Then fill in the remote diagnostics field for the client in the form https://ipname:port. Finding the bloody documentation was much harder than getting it up and running :eek:

I really need this cause I can't get on the machines I'm supposed to help trouble shoot! :rolleyes: It's too bad they only have it for Windows and Linux so far.

PREDATAR Control23

At the time CMS was undergoing beta testing I asked about inclusion in the client installation package and was told that it would at some point be added to the client packages, but for now it would be kept separate to facilitate the beta testing ,and to also allow it's use with slightly down-level client versions.

PREDATAR Control23

Thanks for that rmazzon - teach me for missing the EAP meetings! I did learn that that there was still no ETA for this, or for roll-out to other platforms.