TSM 6.2 Reporting & Monitoring fails to install

rvandenzel

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sltn.nl
Hi All,

I have a strange problem when trying to install TSM Reporting & Monitoring 6.2.0.0 on a new box (Windows 2008 R2).

After first solving the problem about having no spaces in you path I now get stuck on the following: R&M starts to install, but then fails when installing DB2. There is no reason given why it fails and also no log is created with usefull information.

Hi,
I had the exact problem with spaces in the path and then the problem with the DB2 installation failure.
The problem was the Windows local password requirements were not met with the password I was trying to use (BTW: it was not 'password' :) ).

This KB helped me:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1IC61102

It says DB2 requirement and v6.1, but I my case it was Windows requirements (via GPO) and v6.2.1.

Rudy

I already checked this document and according to the Domain Admin the password I used (10 chars, Capital and numbers) is correct.

Hi,
I had the exact problem with spaces in the path and then the problem with the DB2 installation failure.
The problem was the Windows local password requirements were not met with the password I was trying to use (BTW: it was not 'password' :) ).

This KB helped me:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1IC61102

It says DB2 requirement and v6.1, but I my case it was Windows requirements (via GPO) and v6.2.1.

Rudy

Had the same problem - doesn't really tell you that the password didn't fulfill the password constraint requirements - just fails with errors in the log that are generic enough to give you no clue to what the heck happened.

Retried again with a password that was known to work within the constraints and viola, it got past the DB2 portion of the install and completed installation.

Had the same problem - doesn't really tell you that the password didn't fulfill the password constraint requirements - just fails with errors in the log that are generic enough to give you no clue to what the heck happened.

Retried again with a password that was known to work within the constraints and viola, it got past the DB2 portion of the install and completed installation.

This was here not the case. Because the system was installed with the Dutch locale the install failed.
In Windows 2008 R2 there is a tab under Regional Settings which should be set to English, otherwise DB2 will not install.

Thanks for this hint, it realy helped me. I had the same problem with locale settings on Windows 2008 R2.

Back