TS3500 killed with wrong firmware?

Sunhillow

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi
I guess I have a problem now...
After updating drive microcode to the latest level I wanted to update the library firmware too.
Fortunately we currently have one unused library where I wanted to test the update... I guess you already sense what i did.
It is a non-ALMS-library and I loaded firmware level A360. Well done me dimwit :down:

Now it does not even respond to a ping! Is there any way to fix this myself?

Hi
I guess I have a problem now...
After updating drive microcode to the latest level I wanted to update the library firmware too.
Fortunately we currently have one unused library where I wanted to test the update... I guess you already sense what i did.
It is a non-ALMS-library and I loaded firmware level A360. Well done me dimwit :down:

Now it does not even respond to a ping! Is there any way to fix this myself?

I am guessing you tried rebooting the library, right?

Have you verified that the IP Addresses have not changed because of the update?

By the way, did you use the panel to update the firmware, or used the web interface? I think you can undo the update by putting back the old firmware using the panel.

Thank you for the answer. I turned it off and on. The display only says "Error 2701. Unable to communicate with ACC card."

Its MAC is visible on the LAN switch, but does not perform any requests. My colleage will look again on monday

Edit: Error No. is 2701
The machine is not reachable over LAN, I will try to see something on the serial port...

Last edited:
OK... the only way to connect to the library now seems to be CEtool which apparently can only be downloaded by IBM CE. At least the download address mentioned in the Maintanance Information of Nov. 2008 is unreachable :-(

You probably have old hardware revisions of your cards, IBM did the same thing on my TS3500. We had to replace the acc card to get it working, Later we replaced all cards to newer hardware revisions.

Back