BMR Products

Demond

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
We are in the process of evaluating Bare Metal Recovery products to complement our TSM environment. Outside of TSM Fastback, are there any other third party products worth looking into? Any information on these productions and(or) feedback on TSM FastBack is greatly appreciated. Thx.

Demond

Is TSM FastBack part of TSM 6? I've read / heard that TSM 6 is going to have or does have better BMR tools.

Crisite has TBMR. We have it and it works great.

I thought the plan was for IBM to buy Christie BMR and incorporate it into TSM?

Was that something else I was thinking of?

But is it a module that requires some sort of licensing fee?
That would be a typical IBM move.

Just one more reason for all the Commvault faithful I am surrounded with on a daily basis to rank on TSM.

I go thru an IBM partner located in my area (Maryland) and my CBMR price per machine is $150 that goes just to Cristie.

I believe the price for TBMR is "negotiable" too, provided you are ordering a reasonable quantity of licences.

Is it correct that TBMR is integrated in TSM6.1 and that you do not have to buy any further licenses?

TBMR is a product from Cristie (www.cristie.com)

TSM is a product from IBM (www.ibm.com)

They are 2 separate companies that have a business partnership, one doesn't "own" the other. So to answer your question, no TBMR would not be integrated into TSM 6.1, although IBM as a Cristie reseller may well negotiate a "special" price for important customers I guess.

Back