Incremental Diary, Full Weekly, Full Monthly

CarlosJ

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hello, I need your help to know the best way to do backups for servers wintel with databases in the way of the title. I think of do this by creating three node names with their respective retention policies, after that I will schedule three tasks to diary backup and weekly and monthly archives. Is this the best way to do it? How can I avoid that diary backups run at the end of a week or a month when full does it? Thanks for your help.

Backupsets

Hi

Why archive data when you have all data in TSM already. I'll recommend backupset generated at TSM Server to handle your grandfather-father-son princip.

Read the TSM admin guide section about backupsets, maybe that's what you are looking for.

Backupset at TSM 5.5 have some nice features :)
Simon

Last edited:
Historic Storage Pool

Hi

Why archive data when you have all data in TSM already. I'll recommend backupset generated at TSM Server to handle your grandfather-father-son princip.

Read the TSM admin guide section about backupsets, maybe that's what you are looking for.

Backupset at TSM 5.5 have some nice features :)
Simon

Simon, thanks for your help, I was reading about backupset but I need a solution with tape storage pool :( (That's a customer requirement).
At the end of the week or of the month I'm thinking about make an Archive but I don't know if there is a way to avoid that diary backups run those days. Any other idea? Thanks a lot!

Back