Windows DR

Rigido

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi,
usually I work with AIX systems and really few Windows clients.
Today a customer of mine asked for a Disaster Recovery solution for Windows systems.
For AIX systems I wrote a mksysb -> TSM Archive procedure and I was wondering if there is something better than ASR diskette + TSM Client CD for Windows (XP, 2003).
Any hints? Something like to make Norton Ghost to be able to send image files to TSM.

Thanks.

hi,
i wouldn't recommend using ASR because it rarely works ...
i've been using CBMR (Cristie Bare Machine Recovery) which integrates very well with TSM
cheers
max

hi,
i wouldn't recommend using ASR because it rarely works ...
I just tested it some years ago and it was so hard to configure it (I remember that I missed to label the TSM client CD with the correct label and it was impossible to go on with the restore).
i've been using CBMR (Cristie Bare Machine Recovery) which integrates very well with TSM
I knew Cristie from when I was an IBMer (7 years ago, more or less) but never meet someone that actually use it. I will look for a "Try&Buy"...

Thanks.

-Cristie is the fatest way,
-ASR, I already got to restore a prod server with it and it's worked! but it's take lots of time!!
- you can do a Image backup of your system drive (c$), when restore with a Winpe or barpe including a tsm plugins, that's work too

but the as I said the fatest is CBMR and work great, it save our Windows Admins life more than one time here!

Back