HOWTO delete archive files in a managment class

dojabergen

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hi,
I deleted a management class that has a copygroup of type=archive. But when deleting the management class, the archive files are still there, using the archive retention grace period specified for the policy domain. My default management class in the actual domain does not have a copygroup of type=archive.
But we do not need these files any more. The files belong to an application ICC4SAP (IBM Content Collector for SAP).
How do we get rid of the archived files belonging to the management class we deleted?
Thank you in advance for your feedback!
:)
Regards, Dorthe

PREDATAR Control23

The files don't belong to a management class. They belong to a node, the management class has 2 purpose, determine in which pool the data is stored at the time of ingest, and determine how long it's kept.

You can try creating the management class again in that domain, and update the archive copygroup with RETVER=0, activate the policy, then run expiration.

BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL THIS WILL DELETE ALL ARCHIVCE OBJECTS IN THAT MANAGEMENT CLASS.

PREDATAR Control23

The preferred method would be to connect to the server using the client and use the DELETE ARCHIVE command to delete the objects you no longer need.

PREDATAR Control23

The preferred method would be to connect to the server using the client and use the DELETE ARCHIVE command to delete the objects you no longer need.
Hi, thank you for responding on my request. However, this is an application IBM Content Collector for ICC4SAP that use the API to store the data. In other words, not an ordinary archive node.

PREDATAR Control23

The files don't belong to a management class. They belong to a node, the management class has 2 purpose, determine in which pool the data is stored at the time of ingest, and determine how long it's kept.

You can try creating the management class again in that domain, and update the archive copygroup with RETVER=0, activate the policy, then run expiration.

BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL THIS WILL DELETE ALL ARCHIVCE OBJECTS IN THAT MANAGEMENT CLASS.
This procedure worked, thank you!