dsmerror.log + dsmsched.log empty

okriss

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hello,

I'd like to ask some help!

In the last few days, I cannot find any new entry about errors, backups in dsmsched and dsmerror log files (file modification date is 28. of march)).
The paths are correct, the file not read-only, CAD is running, Scheduler works... Baclient:6.4
I have no idea what could be the problem... Do you have any suggestion?

Thank you!

PREDATAR Control23

I think, I placed it at a wrong thread! sorry

PREDATAR Control23

You could try a few things.

This should tell you where they are stored:
Code:
dsmc query option *logname

If Windows, your services may have the path specified with the service. First get list of services:
Code:
dsmcutil list
Then query the scheduler:
Code:
dsmcutil query /name:"TSM Scheduler"
Replace TSM Scheduler with the exact name from dsmcutil list

If Unix/Linux, check if there's a DSM_LOG variable defined for the user running CAD and the scheduler.

PREDATAR Control23

Hi!
Thank you for your answer!

Im on windows!

I have ran dsmcutil query /name:"TSM Scheduler" and got back the proper datas (dsmsched and errorlog), after I have checked the registry and the paths on the DSM GUI and everything looks good.

I tried to open the tdpgui for checking the backups...I got this:

ANS2619S The Client Acceptor Daemon was unable to start the Remote Client Agent.

Can it cause the problem?
Maybe i should update the node password because the last note in the schedlog is:

2019.03.28 17:08:37 ANS2050E TSM needs to prompt for the password but cannot prompt because the process is running in the background.

PREDATAR Control23

I found it in the webclient log:

ANS1977E Dsmcad schedule invocation was unsuccessful. This command will be tried again in 10 minutes.

It was given, when the last error log note created! I mean, the last error log date and the last ANS1977E message date are same.

PREDATAR Control23

2019.03.28 17:08:37 ANS2050E TSM needs to prompt for the password but cannot prompt because the process is running in the background.
Start the client, you will be prompted for the password, it will get saved. Restart CAD after.

PREDATAR Control23

Start the client, you will be prompted for the password, it will get saved. Restart CAD after.

Hello,

The GUI did not prompt the authentication window (logged in immediately)....but, on saturday we had to restart the server and after that, i could see new notes in the logs...
I dont know exactly what could cause the problem...maybe, because of it is windows. I will follow it for few days, perhaps the problem is solved by the restart.
thank you!