obiwan2Never endiging story with management classes....

obiwan2

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
PREDATAR Control23

Hi
I have files that are not anymore in the filesystem, but stored in the backup (having state "inactive"). These (old) backup-files have a management-class with RETO=365 days.
When I now change the RETO to 3650 days.....will the files in the backup still have the OLD management-class or the NEW ?

Thanks !!

PREDATAR Control23

Hi
I have files that are not anymore in the filesystem, but stored in the backup (having state "inactive"). These (old) backup-files have a management-class with RETO=365 days.
When I now change the RETO to 3650 days.....will the files in the backup still have the OLD management-class or the NEW ?

Thanks !!
They will still be bound to the same management class, but will use the current retention. Every time expiration runs, it looks at inactive files and compares them to the current retention.

PREDATAR Control23

They will still be bound to the same management class, but will use the current retention. Every time expiration runs, it looks at inactive files and compares them to the current retention.

Thank you marclant ! I already told this to my colleague, but he didn't trust me at this time...