Client restore help needed

gemidriver

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi,
we had a 3rd party looking after our backups using tsm. they have moved on and we need to manage in house.
i am trying to find backups of our windows file servers so that i can do a restore of data.
i have access to Operations Center
i have access to the tsm server
i can query the nodes, schedules etc
i need to restore all files that were backed up from the yearly backupon the file servers
can someone please offer assistance in stepping through this process?
i would appreciate any help
Tivoli noob

i have access to Operations Center
i have access to the tsm server
i can query the nodes, schedules etc
All of this will not help you to do a restore.

You have to go on the Windows machine where the backup was taken from and use the Spectrum Protect Client to do the restore.
1544625094110.png

Here are the instructions:
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSEQVQ_8.1.6/client/t_res_usingguiwin.html

By default, the restore will restore the most recent version of each file. If you are looking to restore from a previous date, you will need to use the Point In Time option.
1544625405079.png

And I strongly urge you to either take some training, or hire the 3rd party again. This is a complex product and backups are extremely important, especially when you need to restore them.

hi
thanks for the update. we are moving away from Tivoli, and that is why I need to restore from the yearly backup that was taken.
I can query the yearly schedule, and node. I want to be able to restore all the files from the entire server, using the GUI doesn't let me restore to a network location so I have tried via command line
I am using this
dsmc.exe restore drive:\folder\* -subdir=yes -latest network_drive:\

does this get the files from the yearly backup date? or should I use other switches?

All of this will not help you to do a restore.

You have to go on the Windows machine where the backup was taken from and use the Spectrum Protect Client to do the restore.
View attachment 1503

Here are the instructions:
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSEQVQ_8.1.6/client/t_res_usingguiwin.html

By default, the restore will restore the most recent version of each file. If you are looking to restore from a previous date, you will need to use the Point In Time option.
View attachment 1504

And I strongly urge you to either take some training, or hire the 3rd party again. This is a complex product and backups are extremely important, especially when you need to restore them.

Back