Moving to SP Server 8.1.5

DanGiles

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

I will be upgrading our SP servers from 8.1.1 to 8.1.5. There were a lot of security changes starting in 8.1.2. Most clients are v7 and some v6. (Those v6 clients will never get upgraded as they are running an old o/s.) According to documentation and conversations with IBM support, everything should proceed as usual after the upgrade.
This thread is just to ask the user community if they had any issues, and what we may need to watch out for, either on the clients or on the server itself.

Thanks all!

PREDATAR Control23

Hi,

There are quite a few efixes that came after 8.1.5 . Related to memory leaks, select from dedupstats, preventing crashes when repl node and so on.

You need to have a PMR to get these patches from IBM.

-= Trident =-

PREDATAR Control23

I will be upgrading our SP servers from 8.1.1 to 8.1.5. There were a lot of security changes starting in 8.1.2. Most clients are v7 and some v6. (Those v6 clients will never get upgraded as they are running an old o/s.) According to documentation and conversations with IBM support, everything should proceed as usual after the upgrade.
This thread is just to ask the user community if they had any issues, and what we may need to watch out for, either on the clients or on the server itself.

Thanks all!

In normal cases, everything should be OK. Just make sure that the local BA Client is at the same level as the TSM server version or later (if there is one).

My initial problem is that connecting to a 8.1.5 TSM server using dsmadmc running at 7.1.6 did not connect. I had to update to 7.1.8.3 and create a node for that remote machine. I set security sessions to transitional.