Searching for old TSM v3.7 for Win32 client installer

agocs

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
agostonpeter.com
PREDATAR Control23

Hello,

I need to find the installer package of the old v3.7 TSM B/A client from Windows. Unfortunately it's not downloadable from the IBM FTP site.
Thank you for any help in advance!

PREDATAR Control23

It wasn't even called TSM then :)

Best suggestion is to try using the oldest one available on the IBM FTP and hope it's works on the version of Windows you have.

PREDATAR Control23

Unfortunately I need this specific version because of some unfortunate circumstances.
A newer version works for restore as long as it works on that OS. A new client usually also connects to an older server. Unless there is politics involved, I'd try 5.5.

PREDATAR Control23

Ok, so the situation in a nutshell: a customer has a custom developed software using the API of this ancient client. The server is on v5.1, which they tried to upgrade to v5.5, but that already ended with compatibility issues with this self-developed software. We need to design a safe upgrade path, but for that we need to run tests, which is not possible on the productive server. That's why we need v3.7 installer, and only that.
Thank you for the advices though.

PREDATAR Control23

Check this.
ftp://ftp.uni-rostock.de/pub/tools/tivoli-storage-management/client-patches/v3r7/