Full VM incremental-forever backup to different Node

mabdine

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi Guy's,

I need some help , I Have TSM v7.14 and Flash Copy Manager V 4.14 and VMware plugin.

I have daily Full VM incremental-forever backup for virtual machines going specific management class and retention period.

I want to add another Full VM incremental-forever backup going to different node in the data centre VE_DATACENTER_NAME to different and assign different management class and different retention period

Do I want have another FULL BACKUP for all Virtual Machines again ? because I don't have space for another Full Backup for 200 VM

Sounds like this does what you want: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21688752

I'm assuming your 2nd backup is not daily as well?

Do I want have another FULL BACKUP for all Virtual Machines again ? because I don't have space for another Full Backup for 200 VM
If you don't have the space, then the question is a moot point. You will need a full in you want to be able to restore those backups. So if you have daily backup you want to keep for a month (or whatever) and then monthly (or whatever) that you want to keep longer, you need to store both full backups. If space is an issue, you may want to consider deduplication if your storage is on disk.

Back