move drm from vaultret/courierret to onsiteret does not delete the vols from stg

RajeshR

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hello,

I have a strange thing while running move drm from vaultret/courierret to onsiteret manually or script.

We have a combination of LTO4 & LTO6 tapes on DR copy.

When i run move drm vol_name wheresta=vaultret/courierret to onsite ret few of the tapes deleting from storage pool but few of the tapes not deleting from stg pool and there is no Re-Use delay parameter in effect (0 days).
Strangely all LTO6 tapes deleting from stg pool after running move drm to onsite ret but very few of LTO4 tapes deleting from stg pool but most of LTO4 tapes not deleting from stg and staying in empty offsite access state for stg pool.

TSM Server 7.1.6.0 > Didn't find any open APARS for this.

I can able to delete them manually but curious to know if this is any kind of bug and if any one came across this.

Best Regards,

PREDATAR Control23

Are all of the tapes you are trying to move from offsite in the same state?
Yes all these tapes are in vault retrieve state.
They are successfully moving to onsiteret state but as mentioned above very few deleting from offsite stg pool remaining staying as empty state.

PREDATAR Control23

Yes all these tapes are in vault retrieve state.
They are successfully moving to onsiteret state but as mentioned above very few deleting from offsite stg pool remaining staying as empty state.
And to add more they are all belongs to same offsite(copy) stg pool... I could able to delete them manually from stg if they aren't getting deleted by move drm to onsiteret Cmd.