Rootvg lost but TSM DB and Logs still available on AIX

ivandem

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sentia.ca
So our client, that supports their own system I might add, lost both mirrored drives on the rootvg. This contained the OS that had to be rebuilt - Done.

Now we need to get TSM back operational. We have the DB and Logs still, not to mention all of the data from the storage groups. Can I install TSM on the server and configure it to access the existing DB and Logs? What do I need?

Thanks for any help.
John

So our client, that supports their own system I might add, lost both mirrored drives on the rootvg. This contained the OS that had to be rebuilt - Done.

Now we need to get TSM back operational. We have the DB and Logs still, not to mention all of the data from the storage groups. Can I install TSM on the server and configure it to access the existing DB and Logs? What do I need?

Thanks for any help.
John

After you have reinstalled the identical TSM Server version, restore the TSM DB from the last backup.

You cannot simply 'call TSM from the existing DB VOLUMES and LOGS'. This means that any backup data from the last good TSM DB backup to the point of the crash will be gone.

Back