Automating TSM-Export by Script

dcz01

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hello,

i'm searching for an method to automate my exports in tsm.
does anyone know an option to implement an current_date variable in my tsm script?

define script Export_Node desc='Automatischer Export der wichtigen Nodes auf USB-Festplatte'
update script Export_Node 'export node <Servername> filedata=allactive devclass=export_usb volume=$1-<Servername>'
update script Export_Node 'export node <Servername>_DOMINO filedata=allactive devclass=export_usb volume=$1-<Servername>_DOMINO'

run export_node 2017-08-02

i would like to have the substitue varibale automatically set by the system so that i can use an administrative schedule to do the export on sundays.

PREDATAR Control23

Hello,

i'm searching for an method to automate my exports in tsm.
does anyone know an option to implement an current_date variable in my tsm script?

define script Export_Node desc='Automatischer Export der wichtigen Nodes auf USB-Festplatte'
update script Export_Node 'export node <Servername> filedata=allactive devclass=export_usb volume=$1-<Servername>'
update script Export_Node 'export node <Servername>_DOMINO filedata=allactive devclass=export_usb volume=$1-<Servername>_DOMINO'

run export_node 2017-08-02

i would like to have the substitue varibale automatically set by the system so that i can use an administrative schedule to do the export on sundays.

I would script this outside of the TSM Server; on the host server or any workstation that can connect to the TSM Server.

PREDATAR Control23

Well that would be an good idea and i think it will work great.
But then i must have an extra admin id on the server with system rights and i must enter that admin id with password in cleartext in the script on the host server or an workstation...
No other option to do that?

PREDATAR Control23

Well that would be an good idea and i think it will work great.
But then i must have an extra admin id on the server with system rights and i must enter that admin id with password in cleartext in the script on the host server or an workstation...
No other option to do that?

If you execute the script on the local HOST server, then all things are contained within. You will not be traversing any network. You can hide the password by compiling the script be it DOS or UNIX. There are lots of free batch or script compilers on the Internet.

You only need Operator rights to pull data out for reporting purposes.