Filespaces empty

StiffBoard

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Backup of Windows 2012R2, C:, D: E: disk. Tonights first full backup report looks good. Changed Option Set to one that's for SQL Server, and changed to Allow backup deletion.

When I start client and go to Delete backup data there is nothing in filespaces. Close and click Restore and there is only data to restore from C: and SystemState, D: and E: drive is empty filespaces.

Had to check some other servers and they were alright, started client again and there is a lot of data in filespace D: and E:.

Close and go to Delete backup data again, empty, back to Restore, empty. Any known bug I'm experiencing here.

It appears that you are using the backup/archive client to back up a SQL server. If that's the case
  • you shouldn't use backdel=yes
  • shut down the SQL server before backup, or
  • Dump SQL database(s) to a file and back up the dump file, EXCLUDE the live data.
If this is not the case, you'll have to give us more information

It appears that you are using the backup/archive client to back up a SQL server. If that's the case
  • you shouldn't use backdel=yes
  • shut down the SQL server before backup, or
  • Dump SQL database(s) to a file and back up the dump file, EXCLUDE the live data.
If this is not the case, you'll have to give us more information

Hi, backdel=yes doesn't really matter I guess?! I'm doing snapshot backups of system databases and user databases are dumped to backup disk. The whole filespace has been empty, and then again at another occasion I can see data, really weird. Having some TCP/IP connection lost on this server during scheduled backup as well.

I'm starting to believe this has something to do with IPS filter in firewall... :confused: ...hopeless with firewalls that work like this, sometimes let data past and sometimes blocking. I've asked some collegues to check it. Never trust firewalls...

One thing to look at: how do you schedule these different backups? If they are completely different schedules then how do you know the dump is complete when the TSM backup starts? Either do the SQL dump through a presched command, or script the SQL server to do the dump then initiate the backup.

One thing to look at: how do you schedule these different backups? If they are completely different schedules then how do you know the dump is complete when the TSM backup starts? Either do the SQL dump through a presched command, or script the SQL server to do the dump then initiate the backup.
Backup is documented so that we know when SQL backup and TSM backup runs. Using Ola Hallengren scripts, the best solution around(!), and dump to either local disk or a dump share, which in turn is backed up by TSM early in the morning after all SQL backups are ready.

And the problems I've experienced was because of false alarms in IPS filter. Again, never trust a firewall... :rolleyes:

Back