TSM event shows backup failed with error code 1

adminprem

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hi Experts,

Tsm backup eve * * command show backup failed with error code 1. but when i check on actlog it shows it is completed successfully. additionally on dsmsched log file it is showing command failed but backup is completing. can anyone tell me why it shows failed. one more thing dsmsched_esso log file is creating with this name and that is a different schedule name so I am bit confuse now.

upload_2016-8-1_11-54-57.png

one more update on this issue is today i run the below command to upd the schedule after that on previous date
of this schedule is not coming.

tsm: ITSM01>upd sched vm_dom dc_bkp objects=E:\VCB\Scripts\dc.cmd

upload_2016-8-1_11-57-58.png

now dc schedule name is missing.

Regards
Prem

PREDATAR Control23

Tsm backup eve * * command show backup failed with error code 1. but when i check on actlog it shows it is completed successfully. additionally on dsmsched log file it is showing command failed but backup is completing. can anyone tell me why it shows failed.
The answer would be in dsmerror.log and dsmsched.log of that client (or wherever errorlogname and schedlogname point to if you have multiple schedules with different log names).

now dc schedule name is missing.
Check "query sched vm_dom dc_bkp f=d to see if the schedule looks right and when the next run time is supposed to be and if it's not expired.

PREDATAR Control23

Yo tambien tuve el error 1 hace unas semanas, la solución a aquel problema se debe a que la ruta en el schedulado por ejemplo C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\backup_men.bat | el error 1 se debía a que no reconocía Program File en la ruta debido al espacio, mi solucion fue poner comillas en la ruta C:\"Program Files"\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\backup_men.bat . Pruebalo :D