TCP/IP communication failure

sabrine

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

i have installed tsm v6.3 and configured it. The problem i got these errors in dsmerror

ANS5216E Could not establish a TCP/IP connection with address ':1500'. The TCP/IP error is 'Unknown error' (errno = 10061).
ANS4039E Could not establish a session with a TSM server or client agent. The TSM return code is -50.
ANS1017E Session rejected: TCP/IP connection failure
ANS8023E Unable to establish session with server.

i checked if the port 1500 is used with netstat -a and i found out that is not used.
i tried to telnet server adress 1500 but it's failed .
i don't know how can i fix that problem

PREDATAR Control23

1. You may have set a wrong server address in the TCPSERVERADDRESS in your DSM.opt file.
2. The TSM server is down/disabled for sessions.
3. A firewall is blocking communications on port 1500.

PREDATAR Control23

i checked if the port 1500 is used with netstat -a and i found out that is not used.
On the client or the server? Netstat will only show an active connection on the client after it connected. On the server, it will show 1500 listening IF the TSM Server is up.
i tried to telnet server adress 1500 but it's failed .
Is the TSM Server up and running?

PREDATAR Control23

On the client or the server? Netstat will only show an active connection on the client after it connected. On the server, it will show 1500 listening IF the TSM Server is up.

Is the TSM Server up and running?

Yes it's running i checked services on the server

PREDATAR Control23

1. You may have set a wrong server address in the TCPSERVERADDRESS in your DSM.opt file.
2. The TSM server is down/disabled for sessions.
3. A firewall is blocking communications on port 1500.
How can i check if the tsm server is down/disabled for sessions??

PREDATAR Control23

On a second thought, if the server was disabled for admin/client sessions the error message would have looked different.
The easiest way to check if the server is up is to look for the "TSM Server1" (default) if it's installed on a Windows OS or for the dsmserv service if it's on UNIX/Linux.

PREDATAR Control23

On a second thought, if the server was disabled for admin/client sessions the error message would have looked different.
The easiest way to check if the server is up is to look for the "TSM Server1" (default) if it's installed on a Windows OS or for the dsmserv service if it's on UNIX/Linux.

Yes for the tsm server it's installed on windows server R2 2008 and for the firewall it's already disabled on both sides

PREDATAR Control23

Yes for the tsm server it's installed on windows server R2 2008 and for the firewall it's already disabled on both sides

And what about the dsm.opt on the server attempting to connect with the B/A Client? Does it have a TCPSERVERADDRESS value defined and its the correct IP address?

PREDATAR Control23

Connect to the TSM Server using the Admin Command Line (dsmadmc) and issue: QUERY STATUS
upload_2016-4-5_11-51-20.png
Look for the availability in the output. It should be "Enabled". If not you can enable them, use HELP ENABLE SESSION for the syntax.

If sessions are also disabled for admins, you won't be able to connect to the server. So you will need to stop the "TSM Server1" service, then start the server in the foreground to issue commands from the console.

PREDATAR Control23

Thank you guys
It works finally , in fact there is a file .lock in the server which cannot open so i tried to reinstall it