Problem with NDMP Node Deletation

narek.andreasyan

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hello,

I have a problem with the NDMP-node deletion.

Error ANR2152E REMOVE NODE : Inventory references still exist for node xxx.
ANS8001I Return Code 13.
There is no filespaces. I have deleted all schedulers, rules and datamovers for this node.

When I do "q node xxx f=d", there is no information.
When i do "select * from nodes where node_name ='xxx'" all information for this node is there.
So how can i solve this Problem?

PREDATAR Control23

moon-buddy yes, the information is there with this command, too. So how can I delete it?

Last edited:
PREDATAR Control23

delete filespace xxx *
ANR0852E DELETE FILESPACE: No matching file space found for node xxx.
ANS801I Returncode 11

PREDATAR Control23

there are not any filespaces under node xxx, and there are not any filespace entries in Database for node xxx

PREDATAR Control23

What does 'q filespace <nas_name>' give you?

I have NDMP backup and I can see the filespaces for the NDMP backups.

PREDATAR Control23

What does 'q filespace <nas_name>' give you?

I have NDMP backup and I can see the filespaces for the NDMP backups.

nothing, because I delete, all filespaces , datamovers and schedulers under this node. But I cannot remove nas node from the Database.

PREDATAR Control23

The odd thing here is that you has deleted all the filespaces related to that NAS node. On removing the node, you get "inventory still exists" errors but 'q filespace" tells you that nothing is there.

I forgot to ask what is your BA client and Storage agent version.

I have not encountered this issue with NAS nodes and all deletion of NAS nodes goes smoothly. I am beginning to believe you may have hit a bug or your TSM DB is messed up.

Have you run 'expire inventory' lately? I don't believe this is related and a long shot. Give it a try and see if this puts the system in order.

PREDATAR Control23

The odd thing here is that you has deleted all the filespaces related to that NAS node. On removing the node, you get "inventory still exists" errors but 'q filespace" tells you that nothing is there.

I forgot to ask what is your BA client and Storage agent version.

I have not encountered this issue with NAS nodes and all deletion of NAS nodes goes smoothly. I am beginning to believe you may have hit a bug or your TSM DB is messed up.

Have you run 'expire inventory' lately? I don't believe this is related and a long shot. Give it a try and see if this puts the system in order.

Command Line Administrative Interface - Version 6, Release 2, Level 4.0
I have done expire inventory, but it did not help me, I have stll the same problem with nas nodes

Last edited:
PREDATAR Control23

Sorry, saw your post about datamovers after i sent this.

Hi,

I recall having this issue myself. As far as can remember the NAS node cannot be removed until you have deleted the associated datamovers. There may also be a requirement to remove any virtual mappings.

good luck!

Last edited: