TDP 6.3 SQL Cluster - Config file location???

booman55

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
For a SQL cluster it's recommended that you put the configuration files in a shared resource. How do you configure the TDP GUI to recognize this. If you move them out of C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\TDPSql\ it will run the wizard again when you initiate the GUI.

IBM's rather lame documentation doesn't show you how to have Flashcopy Manager Console pickup alternate path for tdpsql.cfg and dsm.opt files.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Simple - when launching the GUI, point to the location of the cluster OPT file.

tdpsql /optfile=<whatever/location>

(not sure if tdpsql is the command to launch the GUI but you can find out)

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. I've tried using the older methods of doing this, but the new TDP GUI is now flashcopy manager, so these options don't seem to work.

I found a Flashcopy Manager User and Install Guide and in the reference section it says you can use /CONFIGfile= and /FCMOPTfile= parameters to point to alternate paths for files. This was using the tdpsqlc, but I'm assuming it would be the same for the GUI...then again with IBM all bets are off.

I found a Flashcopy Manager User and Install Guide and in the reference section it says you can use /CONFIGfile= and /FCMOPTfile= parameters to point to alternate paths for files. This was using the tdpsqlc, but I'm assuming it would be the same for the GUI...then again with IBM all bets are off.

Update: The above parameters don't appear to be valid for the GUI interface.

Back