TSM - Add Backup Pool

cyrichard

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hello,

We use TSM 4.0 level 5 Release 3

Our disk array is complete and we can not add disk.
I plan to add a disk array but I would like to know if it is possible to create a new BACKUP POOL that points to this new disk array to copy only 2 or 3 above server.

In summary, is it possible and how to create a new Backup Pool and that it points to a specific disk array?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Do you really use TSM 4? That is strange. You should update to the most recent version.

Usually you can define a new backup pool and move with "move nodedata" nodes to the new copy pool. But on creation of copy pool you need to separate the nodes by the storage hierarchy.

Hello,

We use TSM 4.0 level 5 Release 3

Our disk array is complete and we can not add disk.
I plan to add a disk array but I would like to know if it is possible to create a new BACKUP POOL that points to this new disk array to copy only 2 or 3 above server.

In summary, is it possible and how to create a new Backup Pool and that it points to a specific disk array?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

I am not sure I understand your issue - can you explain further? And also, TSM 4.5.3?? This is very old! What platform is this running on?

Last edited:
Hello,

We use TSM 5 on windows 2000 server.
And we can't update this server because we have no budget for this.

I already have a backup pool with 8To data.
I want to create a new backup pool and connect this with my new disk arraw (2To)

How can i do this ?

Thanks

Hello,

We use TSM 5 on windows 2000 server.
And we can't update this server because we have no budget for this.

I already have a backup pool with 8To data.
I want to create a new backup pool and connect this with my new disk arraw (2To)

How can i do this ?

Thanks

OK - all you need is to add volumes to the existing pool. See 'help define volume'. However, I don't know how big disk space can be defined and addressed on a Windows 2000 server. It would be a much less if this is a 32 bit platform.

Hello,

Thanks for your answer,

But i want to create a new pool,
Like this we can put only 2 server (samba) on it

Is it possible ?

Hello,

Thanks for your answer,

But i want to create a new pool,
Like this we can put only 2 server (samba) on it

Is it possible ?

I still don't follow :( what you need.

Are you running TSM 4 or TSM 5?

If you need to create a NEW disk pool, you can anytime and define it to an new domain or existing one.

You can create a new storage pool. This does not take disk space. (help create stgpool)
Then you can define volumes to this new storage pool from your new disk array. (help def vol)
Then you can point your new servers to this storage pool. I guess defining a new policy domain would be the simplest way for that.

Back