Restore a filespace from Windows to a Linux

Castaway

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
www.uky.edu
Long story short - a client has a backup of an Ubuntu folder he'd like retrieved. He converted the server to a Windows machine but still sees he has backup data from when it was an Ubuntu server (I know, I know). Same name. If he creates another Ubuntu server, can he give it authority to restore from the Windows (even though it's an Ubuntu file space)? All I can find is that it can render the file space unusable by the Windows client (which it is already).
Does the Ubuntu client have to be the same level as the Windows client? (6.2.2.0). The TSM server is an AIX 5.5.3.0 version. Any ideas?

Long story short - a client has a backup of an Ubuntu folder he'd like retrieved. He converted the server to a Windows machine but still sees he has backup data from when it was an Ubuntu server (I know, I know). Same name. If he creates another Ubuntu server, can he give it authority to restore from the Windows (even though it's an Ubuntu file space)? All I can find is that it can render the file space unusable by the Windows client (which it is already).
Does the Ubuntu client have to be the same level as the Windows client? (6.2.2.0). The TSM server is an AIX 5.5.3.0 version. Any ideas?

As you know, you can't restore Linux to Windows. Restore to the new Linux client and you must have the same version or higher when the data was backed up on the Linux node/client.

Back