How to use "reclaim stgpool"

FloXXI

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am new to TSM and I have a question that should be easy to answer (hopefully). ;)

I have set up a TSM 6.3 Testsystem and I am now playing around with storage pools etc. I have a FileType Storagepool that has a ReclamationThreshold set to 60 percent. When I try to run reclaim stgpool it says "ANR2111W Reclaim Stgpool: There is no data to process for SEQPRIMPOOL" though there are Volumes with "Pct Reclaimable Space" above 60 percent.
Then I read the following:
Do not use this command if you are going to use automatic reclamation for the storage pool. To prevent automatic reclamation from running, set the RECLAIM parameter of the storage pool definition to 100.
So set the threshold to 100 percent and run the command again but this time I get this:
"ANR4973 Reclaim Stgpool: Reclamation is not allowed for the storage pool SEQPRIMPOOL".

What am I doing wrong? How should I use this command?

Thank you for your help, it is appreciated.

Have you run the expiration process ?
expire inventory

Yes, I have run expire inventory.

Maybe I should say that it is a deduplicated storagepool and most of the reclaimable space is deduplicated files.

Even if you have not run expire inventory, you should still be able to do some reclamation:

reclaim stogpool <stgpool_name> thres=<some_percent_value>

See 'help reclaim stgpool'

Last edited:
I have already looked at the help for the command, it was the first thing I did of course ;)

I always get "ANR2111W Reclaim Stgpool: There is no data to process for SEQPRIMPOOL".
It does not matter if I use the threshold parameter, "reclaim stgpool seqprimpool threshold=1" has the same result.

Is there anything I could have configured wrong? Can I provide any data that would be helpful for troubleshooting?

Are you collocating, and is the storage pool you are attempting to reclaim a primary or offsite pool? The DEVCLASS=file, right? Are the disks NFS mounts?

If you are, then the data has been neatly arranged which would be (in most cases) NOT be eligible for reclamation.

Last edited:
No collocation, primary pool, device type is file, disks are local.

I see volumes in that pool that have a "Pct. Reclaimable Space"-value of 50 up to 100. Could those volumes be not eligible for reclamation?

Thanks for your help.

Yo, tried that and several ohter values. As I said: ANR2111W Reclaim Stgpool: There is no data to process for SEQPRIMPOOL

I guess we can agree on that point. I definately can't get reclamation to work. ^^

Software that acts the way it is supposed to do is boring anyway. It has to be a challenge for the admin. ;)

Back