BA-Client installation on AIX

soru05

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hello,

I am new for TSM. There are more than one db2 instance on AIX, under one instance there are many databases.
So, Where should I install ba client, instance level or root level?

Thanks,
Saurabh

You are talking about the BA client and not DB2 TSM backup, right? BA client is always installed at root level.

Last edited:
Hello,

Right, I am talking about the BA client and not DB2 TSM backup. But i have to install BA client for db2 backup or is there any other option?
And when i installed BA client at root level then how can i configure many instance with BA client. Because there is only one node name.

Thanks,
Saurabh

Hello,

Right, I am talking about the BA client and not DB2 TSM backup. But i have to install BA client for db2 backup or is there any other option?
And when i installed BA client at root level then how can i configure many instance with BA client. Because there is only one node name.

Thanks,
Saurabh

I hope you are not talking about the DB2 instance that runs TSM server. This is already backed up within TSM.

There is no BA client for DB2 per se as DB2 has a built in TSM API. This simply means that after you install DB2, you can automatically back it up with TSM.

Last edited:
Back