TDP for VM Enviroment * Mount Backu8p Problem

unpaired

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

İ have some problem.

İ try tdp for vm enviroment. İ configured tdp for vm 6.3 versiyon. But when i want to mount old backup i get error.

please help me.

Thank you for your advice.

Attachments

• mounttdpforvm.png
    mounttdpforvm.png
    108.3 KB · Views: 10
Have you looked at the log to see what the error and possible resolution is? Have you defined the right storage pool?

Is this an upgrade from version 6.2.x? What is your BA client version?

Hello,

My ba client versiyon 6.3.0.10 and TDP for vm versiyon 6.3

i solved the problem . İ should select storage " type=Tape " . bu t mount operatyion too slow:(
i have more 600 virtual machine. But i have one data mover node and proxy node and proxy server?
What should i make the issue for solve?

Thank you.

There isn't much you can do if the source is tape with one of each.

The only way to have faster restores is to have VM Ware images stored on disk.

Thank you Moon,

i want to ask one more question:)
when i mount abc machine on proxy server is the all of the backup restore mount point? should i wait all data restore finish andh than i see data in mount point??

Thank you Moon,

i want to ask one more question:)
when i mount abc machine on proxy server is the all of the backup restore mount point? should i wait all data restore finish andh than i see data in mount point??

I don't follow your question.

If you are asking about restoring VM Ware images, then you restore the whole thing - C:, D:, etc. - you don't actually need TSM for VE to do this.

If you are doing File level restores, then it will be just the selected files. This is where TSM for VE comes in.

Last edited:
Thank you so much moon.
this is very helpfully thread for me
Have a nice day.

Back