Data Retention

Stanley

Newcomer
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

I have been told by our legal department that for the near future we cannot delete anything. Our previous retention setting were set to keep five versions for 30 days. I want to change this setting to 2555 days or 7 years, in addition we cannot expire data either. What impact is this going to have on DRM and what other settings should I look into modifying? Is there a more efficient method to retain data for 7 years?

My TSM server code is 5.5.5 running on Windows 2008.

PREDATAR Control23

I have been told by our legal department that for the near future we cannot delete anything. Our previous retention setting were set to keep five versions for 30 days. I want to change this setting to 2555 days or 7 years, in addition we cannot expire data either. What impact is this going to have on DRM and what other settings should I look into modifying?
Bigger TSM database - no impact on DRM except more tapes to track.

Is there a more efficient method to retain data for 7 years?
Look at Archive

PREDATAR Control23

Thanks for the quick reply. I am pretty new to TSM and how it works, so I am looking for some guidance on proper configuration. It seems the impact will be minimal. Can a primary storage pool be dumped to an archive pool?