Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] backup_exit_notify isn't being called.....Help

2012-11-28 19:06:06
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] backup_exit_notify isn't being called.....Help
From: Bluejay Adametz <bluejay AT fujifilm DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 19:05:59 -0500
> for some stupid reason, the O/S could not execute the script....even though
> permissions were set to 777, tested, 775, tested, 755, tested, 750,
> tested.....blah.....tested.
>
> I copied back the original script and added my TWO lines of code to echo the
> NBU arguments out to files....and it worked. (shaking head in total
> bewilderment).  [Rolling Eyes]

Could something have happened to the initial line of the script, where
one would usually have
     #!/bin/sh
or something? If that got mangled, it could cause a failure to
execute. ... just speculating on a "root cause"...

                 - Bluejay Adametz, CFII, A&P, AA-5B N45210

Definition: Sirlines n. The lines on a grilled steak.

--

NOTICE: This message, including any attachments, is only for the use of the
intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information,