Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup appliance hangs

2012-11-19 10:41:23
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup appliance hangs
From: Bluejay Adametz <bluejay AT fujifilm DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 10:41:18 -0500
>  It can be pinged, but console access is locked up, and ssh is
> similarly non-responsive.  After the node is power-cycled, the storage pool
> comes back up and is happy until the next time.  I've had this happen 3
> times this year, but two of those instances have happened in the last 3
> weeks.
>
> Anyone else seeing this behavior?

I had seen exactly that behavior from a pair of 5000s we put in back
in February. One of them got a RAID controller replaced, there were a
couple of EEB-type patches applied, all of which seemed to help, but
the frequency of the hangs wasn't often enough to really say there was
a statistically-significant improvement.

>  Did 1.4.2 fix it?

We did end up at 1.4.2, and have not had a problem since, and it's
been long enough now that I consider the issue resolved.

                 - Bluejay Adametz, CFII, A&P, AA-5B N45210

Security is mostly a superstition.  It does not exist in nature,
nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.  Avoiding
danger is not safer in the long run than outright exposure.
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. - Helen Keller

--

NOTICE: This message, including any attachments, is only for the use of the
intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information,