Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Data Domain with Storgage Unit group question

2012-11-03 12:56:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Data Domain with Storgage Unit group question
From: xccess <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2012 09:55:55 -0700
thanks you so much for the answer, I am new to DD and still learning the best
way to do this,  with the old basic disk backup, I group them together, then I
group multiple library together, rather then me have to worry about which go
which I used "Storage Unit Group". but from what you telling me is truth then
we did have all OS window in one group, and the unix in another, then we have
Oracle, however it still using the same SLP. now I got to think about setup
more SLP and divide the backup out.  But here is another question come to mind,
let say I have  set of Windows server being backup to DD1 and for some reason
we have to change the policy to move to DD2, is this mean data dedup will take
take place all over again as soon as I move to DD2 since it never have any
calculation of those windows group ?