Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Comments on NBU 7.5

2012-09-25 09:35:41
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Comments on NBU 7.5
From: David McMullin <David.McMullin AT CBC-Companies DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 09:34:41 -0400
I just upgraded from 7.0.1 to 7.5.0.3

I opened a thread on the Symantec Forum with a list of things I wish I had
known.

http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/nb-7503-gotcha-list

The actual upgrade went very well.

1. I use SLP, I had to get an EEB before the SLP would start. (Symantec Bug ID:
2858615 NetBackup_7.5.0.3 Solaris)
2. The actual SLP commands change drastically.
3. The required tmp size for installs. I limit /tmp to 512M on Solaris, the
media server and update client process required 3G or more.

It seems to be very stable, I have not had any issues with VM, windows, Unix,
NDMP, or Oracle RMAN backups.