Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Comments on NBU 7.5

2012-09-21 10:42:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Comments on NBU 7.5
From: tburrell <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 07:42:33 -0700
Jorge,
I just completed the upgrade from 7.0.1 to 7.5.0.3 last week.

The upgrade process was extremely smooth- I encountered no install issues with
either the base 7.5 upgrade or the 7.5.03 patches/EEBs.  I was ablet to do the
master server one day, and the media servers on another.

The migration of the flat-files into the database was stunningly fast for us. I
have 54K records and it only took 11 minutes.  The only issue we saw was due to
an extra flat-file directory we had created while working with Symantec support
on another issue- the duplicate client name caused some issues, but once we
identified the extra directory and removed it all went well.

Since the upgrade the only issue I've seen is that AUTO_UPDATE_ROBOT in vm.conf
is no longer obeyed. I have a ticket open with Symantec- but I'm hearing that
this is not a common issue.

That said- the usual caveats about upgrades apply: good catalog backup, get the
latest patches from SORT/support, and so on.

Tom Burrell