Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Issues backing up Hyper-V VMs

2012-09-20 10:51:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Issues backing up Hyper-V VMs
From: slipknot69 <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 02:32:02 -0700
Hi,
I have an issue setting up a Hyper-V policy. The policy itself is straight
forward but when it comes to browseing for VMs it sits there and eventually
times out with an error 25 cannot connect on socket.
So...the Hyper-V is running on a cluster (Win 2008) and there re 4 VMs mounted
on one node. I have put that node name into the Hyper-V server section of the
policy.
I have also tried manually entering a VM into the clients and the backup just
fails with a 48 after which i have put the Hyper-V and VM details in the hosts
file.
Any help would be great as this has me stumped.

Netbackup 7.0.1 on Linux RH 5.6

Thanks,
Chris