Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Moving NBU install directory in Linux

2012-09-11 07:49:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Moving NBU install directory in Linux
From: "Justin Piszcz" <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 07:48:14 -0400

Hello,

Need advice on moving /usr/openv elsewhere, why am I doing this?

We have to migrate off of an old server, its running out of space.

The new server will have space, but due to the way provisioning works, we will not be using the same path (in the end).

Steps:

0. The current install /usr/openv is a symlink to -> /mypath1/openv

1. Take catalog backup to nfs directory on master1 (since it has no more room and disk recovery is faster than tape).

2. We remove the master1 from the rack and turn it off.

3. We put in new server, initial recovery (catalog recovery) to the new system with the same hostname to /mypath1/openv again, this is so the catalog recovery doesn’t break, I’ve tested it before where I pointed it to the new directory before the catalog recovery and it will fail.

4. Then, we will stop netbackup, mv /mypath/openv /new_path/openv and change the symlink from /usr/openv to the new path: /new_path/openv.

5. We will then start netbackup and we will be done.

I've done this before many times but this was in the 5.x-6.5.x days, I just want to make sure there are no issues doing this now with 7.1-7.5.

Anyone run into any issues with 7.1 or 7.5 while moving the install path?

Justin.