Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 7.1 Migration

2012-07-09 08:15:59
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 7.1 Migration
From: "Kalusche, Dan" <Dan.Kalusche AT AndersenCorp DOT com>
To: "mjames AT guesswho DOT com" <mjames AT guesswho DOT com>, "VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU" <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 12:09:05 +0000
I also followed this path - same name/same IP.
The old server was left on the network while the hot catalog ran.  When that
finished, I removed the old master from the network, plugged in the new master,
restored the catalog and away we went.
In reality, it was fairly painless.
I heard a lot of bad things about changing the name/IP so I didn't want to go
there.