Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SLP duplications for VMDK (flashbackup-windows) images.

2012-07-06 10:01:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SLP duplications for VMDK (flashbackup-windows) images.
From: John Meyers <john.meyers AT wright DOT edu>
To: Veritas <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2012 10:01:13 -0400
Currently running NetBackup 7.1.0.3 and wondering if there is any support
for using SLP's to duplicate VMDK backup images created using
flashbackup-windows
type policies?

If I try to designate an SLP for the Policy Storage in this type of VMDK policy,
I receive an error "There is no snapshot storage created in the current
lifecycle
policy that is used in the backup".  Where the SLP is defined with just "Backup"
and "Duplication" storage destinations.  Just wondering if there is any
configuration
to make this work or if I should be looking at configuring a Vault profile to
perform this type of duplication.

Thanks,

John