Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] HP library and 5220 appliance - zoning

2012-06-24 07:00:33
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] HP library and 5220 appliance - zoning
From: Bahadir Kiziltan <bahadir.kiziltan AT gmail DOT com>
To: bob944 <bob944 AT attglobal DOT net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 14:00:13 +0300
Check "lsscsi -g" output to see if device files are there.

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 3:30 AM, bob944 <bob944 AT attglobal DOT net> wrote:
We're trying to configure some LTO5s, shared out from an HP ESL, on a
5220 at 2.0.3.  Linux isn't creating device nodes, so none of the NBU
methods of scanning are finding anything--no robotics, no tape drives.

The FibreChannel Show appliance command shows the HBAs "configured
correctly," the qla2xxx driver loaded, the card as an 8Gb initiator,
online, and the correct number of Remote Ports entries for the dries
and robotics.  But the Remote Port entry is all there is for each
drive, and no drives get configured by Linux.  Does anyone have an
example of FC > Show with some tape drives so I can see what right
looks like?

There is dmesg output (from rescan-scsi-bus.sh, perhaps?) with the
appropriate number of lines like:

 3:0:23:0: scsi scan: consider passing scsi_mod.dev_flags=HP:Ultrium
5-SCSI:0x240 or 0x1000240

so _something_ in the OS can see the vendor and ID fields, but no dev
entries are being created.  Before I get the fibre group more
involved, can anyone comment on what the zoning should look like at
the appliance end?